Due to the frantic speed with which fashion articles are launched nowadays, and faced with consumers who are more and more demanding, it is of prime importance that products reach the final consumer exactly as they were presented, without defects, at a suitable price and in the stipulated time. On the other hand, factors like the consolidation of new technologies, real time, the development of new markets and production decentralization, force the textile sector to be constantly seeking solutions and improvements with which they can innovate and succeed. To anticipate and face up to these changes, fashion companies increasingly need professionals able to quickly handle very complex production processes.
Objectives: The blended Master in Fashion Management trains versatile professionals able to fit into the work team of a large company, and it contributes guidelines for all those professionals beginning their own professional adventure. To do this, the master is based on a complete theoretical-practical programme, with activities which are very similar to professional reality, along with the transmission of the experience of the professionals teaching it.
Among other objectives, we stress:
- Acquiring global knowledge about the complex world of fashion and how its market works.
- Knowing about the life process of the fashion product, from its design, to production and sale.
- Understanding the important part played by marketing and brand management in fashion.
- Acquiring the necessary tools to be able to apply profitability and efficiency criteria.
- Acquiring the industry’s key negotiation and management skills.
- Understanding the role of the commercial department and the different distribution and sales channels.
- Understanding the management of a physical and online store.
- Acquiring the tools necessary to be able to become a future entrepreneur.
- Understanding the cosmetics sector as a fundamental part of the fashion business.
Methodology: The blended Master in Fashion Management has a didactic methodology that is applied to both the specific content of the master and to the common transversal area of the 4 schools of the IED Master (Design, Fashion, Visual Communication and Management). The Intensive MA Programmes are based on a methodological structure divided into:
- Online content at the beginning and end of the programme, through the IED Madrid’s e-learning platform.
- An attendance-based section, concentrated into three months, with the aim of developing the keys of the didactic programme with a range of professionals, combining projects, concepts and experience.
Aimed at: students with a degree or diploma in the area of Fashion, Marketing and Product Management. Professional experience is also valued.
Professional Opportunities: students who study this programme will acquire a multidisciplinary training, perfect for working in the competitive fashion industry. They will be prepared to enter both national and international companies with a worldwide presence. Also, the comprehensive study plan will enable students to opt for various job opportunities and even start their own business:
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Retail Manager
- Trade Marketing
- Key Account Manager
Credits: 60. The teaching programme of every IED Master course is based on the criteria set by the European Space for Higher Education (ESHE). The IED Master follows a credit system that matches the structure of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master only offers its own private qualifications.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 13.30 and from 15.00 to 18.00
Online module: February – April 2015.
Attendance-based section: April – July 2015.
Development and submission of online thesis: July – November 2015.