The world of accessories, and especially that of handbags, has become a key part of fashion firms. Large brands have increased their presence in this area and new brands are emerging which devote themselves exclusively to this field.
A handbag designer has to have specific knowledge of this realm, regarding technical aspects, materials and trends. Because of this, this course will teach you about the experience of industry professionals: designers, commercial, coolhunters, suppliers, etc. and will help you get to know pattern-making tools, drawing techniques, design software, materials, business aspects, etc.
• Research and experiment with materials and techniques to get to know the processes of design and product development
• Learn about the phases of the production of handbags for a signature collection or as accessories within a brand
• Understand the importance of trends in the stages of design development
• Gain in-depth understanding of materials and learn how to manage orders with suppliers
• Provide tools so that students can turn their ideas into designs using traditional drawing, illustration and the latest computer-assisted technologies
• Handbag designer in mass production sectors or high-end fashion companies
• Freelance handbag designer
• Accessories department coordinator at any company specialising in this sector
• Product manager in luxury and retail handbag firms
Dates and Schedule
October 2017 - January 2018
19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days per week)