Fashion is one of the most dynamic professional sectors, and one with the greatest impact on society. We are witnessing a revolution in the field of production, design and strategic development in all areas. The catwalks are open to new and young talents, and the fashion market increasingly demands designers with a cross-curricular and global vision. The main aim of the course is to train fashion designers who are able to show the diversity of current fashion, breaking boundaries and promoting values such as identity, innovation, research and production, which are closely linked to new processes, distribution channels and technologies.
- Learn how to create, conceptualize and structure a fashion collection
- Master modelling and pattern-making techniques
- Get to know the communication strategies for brand positioning. Learn to visually communicate a collection
- Get to know the historical, ethical, social and cultural aspects of fashion
- Learn more about the structure of a fashion company, find out how they approach their aims and how the strategic decisions of each of its different areas are applied
- Create and conceptualise a collection and high-end or medium-high-end ready-to-wear collection
- Lay out and coordinate the entire production process
- Properly manage the stages of order taking, shopping, pricing and distribution
- Designer at a high-end fashion company
- Designer and modeler for haute couture ateliers
- Designer at a fashion retail company
- Designer and entrepreneur with one’s own brand
The designer Pepa Salazar is one of the talents with the greatest projection in Spanish fashion. She began her professional career in the creative team of Loewe (LVMH). In 2013 her first collection, “S, M, L, XL,”, shown on the Ego catwalk, won the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent Award, which enabled her to present her collection at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Mexico.
In 2014, she won the second edition of the Samsung EGO Innovation Project event with her third collection, “Hyperdry” and in 2015 she presented her FW15 / 16 collection on the Samsung EGO catwalk. She has collaborated with Nike and has recently presented her collection “SS17” as part of the official calendar of MBFW Madrid.
Clara Gamero del Castillo
She has an extensive background and experience in the field of Purchasing and Product Development. She has been responsible for a wide variety of categories such as Apparel, Luggage, Footwear & Textiles Accessories, including the management of product purchases.
After working for multinationals like Colonel Tapiocca and the National Geographic Store, La Portegna and fashion retail companies such as Starlite, Blanco and El Corte Ingles, she has been able to analyse the fashion and retail industry from very different perspectives, which has provided her with a very wide view when it comes to creating very diverse collections. She is currently working at Starlite.
Master of Fashion Design
- Type of course : Master
- Language : Español
- School: Fashion
- IED Credits: 60
- Start date: October 2018
- Duration: 9 months
- Timetable : Afternoon 19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days per week)
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private A private certificate will be issued at the end of the course
- Directed to : Aimed at those interested in the fashion world and its processes, as well as those who wish to acquire a number of essential skills in the field of fashion design. Professional experience will be valued
- Admission process : CV / Cover letter Portfolio (up to 3Mb) / Website. Personal interview, if deemed appropriate by the teaching coordination
- Enrollment rate: 2500 €
- Course Fee: 9700 €