The profession of product designer is more important than people think and that is where its greatness lies, in that the things we do for others are almost imperceptible, they are understood as something natural and intuitive and fulfil their function: to make life easier, worthy and comfortable for users.
In addition, this master’s degree wishes to highlight the importance of the process during the manufacture of objects, which is as important as the result itself, addressing issues like sustainability, manufacturing materials and processes, thus arriving at solutions and value proposals beyond a purely functional or aesthetic requirement.
With its mixed format, this degree will allow all students to learn, participate and be part of the IED community in person, in physical and virtual classrooms, and remotely.
Master of Product Design
- Type of course : Master
- Language : Español
- School: Design
- IED Credits: 60
- Start date: 07 October 2021
- Duration: 9 months
- Timetable : Afternoon 19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days a week)
- Attendance: Mixed
- Qualification: Private A private certificate will be issued at the end of the course
- Directed to : architects, designers, technical architects, plastic artists, and every person involved in the world of art, design and architecture with a three-dimensional object concept.
- Admission process : CV (Professional experience will be valued.) / Motivation Letter / Portfolio (max 3Mb) / Web or blog / Knowledge of modeling and planimetry programs in 2D and 3D will be valued / Personal interview as deemed necessary by the Academic Coordination Team
- Enrollment rate: 2500 €
- Course Fee: 10100 €
- Train professionals with a preparation that takes them from the conceptual part, through the process, to the performance of their work in the field of product design.
- Delve into the understanding and the scope of the new ways of thinking in design.
- Understand the tools necessary for the development of proposals.
- Conceptualize spaces and the relationships between different typologies, generating new solutions and proposing uses and combinations.
- Provide students with a multidisciplinary profile, and with the ability to adapt to the work environment in various areas.
- Freelance designer of product development in the field of design.
- Head of the area of furniture design in companies in the sector.
- Associate designer for interior design architecture studios.
- Designer of ephemeral architectures and museum installations.
- Project manager within companies or stores specialising in the sale and creation of objects.
Ciszak Dalmas is an architecture and design studio located in Madrid and founded in 2009 by Alberto Gobbino Ciszak and Andrea Caruso Dalmas. Together with the architect Matteo Ferrari, they develop interior architecture projects, products and furniture for several firms such as Aesop, Bitossi, Camper, Loewe, Malababa, Max&Co., Muroexe, Saffron, and Zara among others. They are also founders of La Clinica Design, a firm of objects and furniture with production in Spain.
They regularly participate in conferences in an international setting, such as the Biennale di Architettura in Venice, Salone del Mobile in Milan, Experimenta Design in Lisbon and Design Ambassador in Hong Kong. As teachers, they give classes and workshops at IE University, IED Madrid and HEAD Ginevra. They have won several design and interior awards, including the first prize for the best retail design of 2019 awarded by the New York Times Magazine.