New technologies invade the lighting environment. Ephemeral and mysterious, light is a powerful tool to awaken our perception, emotion, memory and imagination at the point of confluence between art, science and technology.
In the Postgraduate Course in Creative Lighting, you will explore new technologies through art and lighting design, and you will be able to study and implement new business models and different ways of using light for both an artistic and strategic purpose. An innovative use of light to awaken our perception, emotion, memory and imagination at the point of confluence between art, science and technology.
• Learn how to transform the experience of space through light.
• Explore artistic, theoretical and practical methods of manipulating light to achieve an emotional perception of space, involving in it memory and imagination.
• Learn the history and theory of the use of light as a creative tool.
• Use light as a creative tool, taking advantage of certain functions and digitally manipulating its properties.
• Learn about digital light.
• Understand the creative possibilities of innovative lighting technologies.
• Produce creative projects that use digital light in a significant way.
• Designers in event companies, ephemeral architectures and museographic installations.
• Light artists.
• Freelance specialists in lighting design or in architecture, interior design and landscaping studios.
• Lighting managers in engineering studies.
• Staff at comprehensive services companies, manufacturers, distributors and warehouses, specialized stores.
• Lighting collaboration in cinema, theatre and Light Art.
Dates and Schedule
April 2018 - June 2018
19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days per week)