We open the deadline to participate in the scholarship competition for blended master's programs, an innovative combination that emphasizes the importance of flexibility and personal life, combining 6 months online and 3 full-time face-to-face. The perfect combination of opportunities offered by online training with the IED experience.
The IED Madrid masters are high-level programs linked to the reality of the work market, updated annually, taught by active professionals and in collaboration with leading companies and institutions through real projects.The master’s degrees for which scholarships are available are:
- Master Degree in Digital Communication and Marketing in Fashion
- Master Degree in Fashion Management
- Master Degree in Brand Design (in Spanish)
- Master Degree in Strategic Design for Interiors (in Spanish)
- Master Degree in Brand Management (in Spanish)
Deadline for the receipt of works: Wednesday the 9th of September 2019 at 18.00 h Madrid time (GMT+1)
Announcement of the winner: Friday the 18th of October 2019 at master.iedmadrid.com/en/news
How to participate?
To participate, you must complete the following form with the required information. The portfolio is not mandatory (but recommended) except for the programs of Strategic Design for Interior Design and Brand Design, in which it is mandatory to attach it.
The deadline for applications has expired.
Legal terms and conditions
Legal terms and conditions
- Competition process: participants must complete the competition participation form and attach their curriculum vitae, cover letter and portfolio.
- Each candidate may only enter for one competition for one single master’s degree. Candidates that apply for a scholarship for more than one master’s degree will be disqualified.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the documentation received and the candidate’s potential for development. For this purpose, an ad hoc panel of experts will be created for this scholarship competition. The panel will be made up of professionals from IED Madrid. This panel will assess: the candidate's portfolio (quality of the work, presentation, etc.), his/her curriculum vitae if no portfolio needs to be submitted, the cover letter and his/her personal skills. For this purpose, the following weighting criteria are established:
- 40% of the value will be given to the portfolio (this will be replaced by the curriculum vitae and the cover letter in programmes in which the portfolio is not mandatory).
- 60% to the personal interview in which the candidate will have to defend the work presented and in which his/her personal concerns and communication skills will also be assessed. Pre-selected applicants will be contacted in order to conduct this interview in person, by telephone or by Skype depending on their place of residence or availability.
- In programmes in which the portfolio is not mandatory, the candidate will have to attach his/her CV and cover letter.
- Prizes. The winning students (two for each of the aforementioned master's degrees) will be awarded a scholarship covering 50% of the course fee. In the event that for any of the master’s degrees, the organisation deems that none of the applicants is appropriate, the award may be declared null and void.
- The scholarships cover 50% of the amount of the course fee. The value of a scholarship is €4,700 for master's degrees taught in English and €4,650 for master's degrees taught in Spanish.
- The scholarship cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and may not be applied to other courses and sessions of IED Madrid and cannot be combined with other promotions of IED Madrid.
- In order to benefit from the scholarship, it is ESSENTIAL to register and pay the enrolment fee within 10 days following 18 October, the date of the announcement of the winners. The total amount for the master's degrees taught in Spanish will be €7,150 (€2,500 enrolment fee plus €4,650 course fee) and €7,200 for master's degrees taught in English (€2,500 enrolment fee plus €4,700 course fee).
- Regulations. Know and comply with the rules contained in the General Regulation of IED Madrid and accept and sign the specific regulation for winners of the scholarships within two weeks following notification of the awarding of the prize.
- Study the entire course at IED Madrid, with the scholarship lost in the event of a transfer to another centre.
- Mandatory minimum attendance at classes of 85%. The winners of the scholarships must actively participate in all the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events, tutored competitions and workshops. They must actively participate in the documentation of the activities of the master’s degree, description of the trips, workshops, lectures etc. for its use in the channels of communication and other informational or promotional formats of IED Madrid.
- Cancellation of the master’s degree as a result of the minimum number of students not being reached will lead to loss of the scholarship.
- The student choosing not to take the course in the 2020/21 academic year will lead to loss of the scholarship.
- Failure to comply with any of the obligations described herein will lead to loss of the scholarship.
- Scholarship holders agree to their personal data (first and last names) appearing in the Newspoint newsletter and other IED promotional materials.
- The panel's decision will be announced on 18 October 2019. The results will be published at www.master.iedmadrid.com/en/news/.
- Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
*These terms and conditions are correct except for any typographical error.