New! IED Madrid would like to make a new call to talent through an exclusive scholarship competition for its two new master’s degree programmes: Product Design and New Skins: Smart Fabrics & Wearables.
The master’s degree programmes, which start in October 2018, are high-level programmes linked to the reality of the world of work that are updated annually and taught by working professionals in collaboration with companies and institutions through real projects.
What is the scholarship competition? IED Madrid offers two scholarships that cover 50% of the total amount of the course fee.
Give shape to your ideas and develop products down to the last detail. A programme divided into three modules - Furniture, Product and Light; and Home Design - that will give you a 360º view of product design. Learn everything you need for applying technology to textile design and prototyping processes through the three areas developed in the master’s degree: geometries, behaviours and materials.
Give shape to your ideas and develop products down to the last detail. A programme divided into three modules - Furniture, Product and Light; and Home Design - that will give you a 360º view of product design.
Learn everything you need for applying technology to textile design and prototyping processes through the three areas developed in the master’s degree: geometries, behaviours and materials.
Deadline for receipt of works: at 6 PM Madrid time (GMT +1) on Thursday, 12 July 2018.
The announcement of the winner: at 6 PM Madrid time (GMT +1) on Thursday, 19 July 2018.
The winners will be published at https://master.iedmadrid.com/en/news/
The deadline for applications has passed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- People of any nationality and country of residence, of legal age, can participate.
- It is important that students have an average level of spoken and written English for the proper follow-up of the classes. The Master in New Skins: Smart Fabrics & Wearables is taught in English.
- Dynamics of the contest. Participants will have to fill in the contest entry form attaching their CV, cover letter, and portfolio.
- Each candidate may compete only once, for a single master. Candidates who apply for a scholarship for more than one master will be disqualified.
- The scholarships will be awarded subject to discretion, based on the documentation received and the candidate’s potential development. The jury will be made up of professionals from the IED Madrid. The preselected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by phone or via skype.
- Awards. The winners will be awarded a scholarship that covers 50% of the course fee for the master they have chosen. In the event that the organization considers that neither of the applicants is adequate, may declare the prize null and void.
- The scholarships cover 50% of the course fee, in the amount of €4,850 for the Master in Product Design; €5,2000 for the Master in New Skins: Smart Fabrics & Wearables.
- To enjoy the fellowship, it is ESSENTIAL to register and pay the registration fee within 10 days from Thursday, 19th July 2018, date of announcement of the winners. The amount of the registration fee is €.2,500.
- General rules. To know and follow the rules contained in the General Rules of the IED Madrid, as well as to accept and sign the specific rules for interns within two weeks after the announcement of the scholarship winners.
- The winners must study the entire Master at the IED Madrid and will lose the scholarship if they transfer to another location.
- Minimum of 85% class attendance.
- The scholarship winners must actively take part in all special and multidisciplinary projects as proposed by the school: presentation events, tutored competitions and workshops.
- The scholarship winners must to take part actively to the documentation of the activities of the master, blog maintenance, description of travels, workshops, lectures, etc.
- In the event that the master doesn’t reach the minimum number, the scholarship winner will lose it.
- Not attending the course in the 2018 academic year will lead to the loss of scholarship. Under no circumstances, the scholarship will be transferred into cash.
- Not complying with any of these terms and conditions will disqualify the winner, who will lose the scholarship.
- Winners agree to have their personal data (name and surnames) published in the Newspoint newsletter and other promotional materials of the IED.
- The jury will announce the winners on Thursday, July 19th, 2018, at 18:00h Madrid (CET). The contest results will be published on master.iedmadrid.com
- Participation in this competition implies the acceptance of these terms and conditions.